Saturday, April 21, 2012

Food and Travels

Check it out!


My Tomato Mac & Cheese was listed in the Daily Buzz Healthy Living Top 9 for mac & cheese recipes yesterday! There are a couple other great looking recipes in the mix as well -  check 'em out if you're in the mood for a new spin on an old classic.

***

The last few days have been pretty busy with work and travel. Yesterday I had a work retreat in the Catskills, and from there I drove straight to Connecticut for the weekend to visit my sister, so I haven't had a chance to share much with you. Let's quickly catch up, shall we? Here's what's been goin' on around here since Thursday night...


Whole wheat rotini with garlic broccoli rabe and grilled shrimp. Awesome one-pot meal! I'll share a recipe for this at some point soon.


Whole wheat rigatoni with cherry tomatoes, wilted arugula and fat-free feta cheese leftover from the quinoa salad I made the other day - another one-pot pasta bowl to use up some stuff in the fridge before we left for the weekend, and it was a good one.

A work retreat at a gorgeous estate in the mountains of New York yesterday, complete with a beautiful hike, paddle boating, and afternoon tea on rocking chairs overlooking the lake...




Capped off with a late dinner in Connecticut last night with Matt and my sister. More on this later,  it was a fantastic night!


Now we're headed out for the day to meet up with my dad for a little shopping and some lunch. Hope you're having a great Saturday so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment