Their salad bar is awesome. It's really fresh and has a lot of variety.
I filled my container with mixed greens, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, green peppers, roasted yellow squash and yellow peppers, carrots, red cabbage, cannelini beans, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, walnuts and blue cheese. Can you tell I was indecisive? Mixed up with some fat-free Italian dressing, it all tasted great.
|All chopped up!|
Check out all that produce! I can't wait to dig into those berries in the morning.
We stocked up on a lot of good stuff, but there are a few things I'm really excited about.
- Fresh mozzarella and goat cheese for Pizza Friday
- Sesame tahini - Matt's going to make homemade hummus
- ShopRite makes Greek yogurt now! It's so much cheaper than Chobani and tastes just as good
- Dried dates - I'm coming up with a new granola recipe, hopefully these will be a good addition
- Soy nuts - the long-lost salad topper. I haven't had them in forever, and Matt spotted them in the nut aisle today. These are packed with fiber and protein and add great crunch to greens.
- Laughing Cow makes vegetable flavor now! I got way too excited about this. I'm hoping it tastes like veggie cream cheese so we can spread it on our Bagel Thins.
Now I'm off to sneak a spoonful of ice cream from the freezer and curl up with my new book. Have a good night!