Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dark Knight Date Night

Summer Fridays are awesome. My office closes at 2:00 every Friday in the summer (one of the best perks of working in the city), but most of the time I don't actually get to finish work that early. Yesterday was the exception, so we decided to make use of my afternoon off with an early date night.


Matt and I are both huge fans of the new Batman series, and we were both on pins and needles to see the "epic conclusion" of The Dark Knight Rises. I honestly can't remember the last time we saw a matinee, so catching a movie at 3:00 PM on a Friday was a major treat. After the movie we headed over to Artisan's - the same place we had Lindsay's bridal shower - for drinks and eats. 


We had a gift card we hadn't used yet from Matt's birthday a few months ago, which made it a free date night  (thanks Nicole and Joe!). Artisan's brews their own beer, so we ordered a sampler to try each one. I wasn't a huge fan of any of the beers unfortunately; the fruit beers were a little too sweet for me, and the IPA was quite mild, so I ended up ordering a white sangria instead. For dinner neither of us wanted big entrees, so we ordered some nibbles to share.


The grilled peach & arugula salad with goat cheese was awesome. We also ordered a bar pie with mushrooms and garlic, which was pretty tasty as well. After dinner we didn't feel like going home, but were in the mood for a different scene, so we headed to Acme Draft House in Bayville for a night cap.


Smuttynose and Kane IPAs hit the spot. We finished off the night sitting on bar stools watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony - never miss 'em!

And with that, I'm off to watch Michael Phelps kick some booty. Hope you're having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment