Saturday, June 2, 2012

Margarita Time

Things have been a little crazy around here for the last week or so, so I haven't had a chance to post many updates. Matt unfortunately broke his leg (in two places!) over Memorial Day weekend on his mountain bike, so we've been scrambling around most of the week to doctors' appointments, surgeries and whatnot. All I can say is, thank goodness for family - I don't know what I would've done without them this week! He'll be in a cast for the next 12 weeks, but we're trying to make the most of it.

After a really busy week, I was grateful for a day at home today. I spent most of the day getting stuff done around the house, and taking care of these two guys.


Lots of naps were to be had! :)

After lunch, we headed out to Riker's first birthday party. Our neighbors' daughter Emma turned 1 year old today, and we were invited to celebrate with them at Gymboree. Riker isn't crawling yet, but he still had a great time playing and shaking maracas with the other kids.




I honestly can't believe how big he's getting. I feel like he'll be crawling all over the place in no time!

We had to leave the party a little early since Matt's leg started throbbing, but on our way home we stopped off to pick up some margarita fixings. The weather was so beautiful today, I just couldn't resist a cool drink on the patio.


Matt makes a mean margarita. I like my 'ritas pretty simple and not too sweet, with just some good tequila, fresh lime juice, a little Triple Sec and a splash of sour mix. All shaken up on the rocks. The kicker, though, is the lime zest and rock salt rim.


If you've never tried grating a little lime zest into your margarita salt, try it! It makes every sip a little more zippy.


An afternoon margarita outside was just the ticket. I just finished up some laundry and put Riker to bed, so now it's time to scrounge up dinner. Have a great Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment