Saturday, June 23, 2012

Little Bit of Everything

Yay for the weekend! I've been waiting for today for a long time. My mom and sister are coming into town to stay with us for the weekend, and are watching Riker tonight while Matt and I head down to Atlantic City for the second half of my 30th birthday - to see Jim Gaffigan! I can hardly believe I finally get to see him live, I'm practically on the edge of my seat.


It seems like a bunch has been going on this week, so I'm going to share a few random things with you this morning. Here we go!

#1: A few weeks ago I was contacted by Clorox Green Works about joining their community and testing out some products, and I was thrilled to participate. I actually use a lot of Green Works products because they are natural and don't include harsh chemicals, so I was pumped when a box of new supplies arrived on my doorstep this week.


Can't wait to try 'em out!

#2: Yesterday I realized we are only one week away from going on vacation! I received the bill for the balance on our rental house in Maine, and it instantly gave me the vacation itch. I'm getting more excited by the minute to pack up and ship out for a week of lobster bakes, wild blueberries and puffin watching.


#3: Last night for dinner, I made this impromptu tortellini and asiago skillet. It was filled with broccoli, sundried tomatoes, white wine, onions, garlic, fresh basil from the garden, and shredded salty asiago cheese. Oh baby, this was good.


We ate it curled up on the couch listening to the thunderstorms and re-watching the last season of Breaking Bad. The new season starts in a few weeks and I seriously can't wait.


#4: Since finishing The Hunger Games trilogy a few weeks ago, I've been in search for a new page-turner. A few days ago I downloaded a random book recommended to me by Goodreads called "Favorite Wife, Escape from Polygamy," and needless to say, I'm hooked. This book is nuts!

Source
My sister just arrived so we're headed to sit by the pool for a few hours before it's time to shower and head down to AC for the night. Enjoy your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment