Sunday, June 16, 2013

Beachy Weekend

Beach weekends have officially begun! I finally got a chance to get to the ocean this weekend, not once, but twice, and it was fannntastic. I packed in a lot this weekend with friends and family and a bunch of good eats along the way, but didn't get a chance to blog, so we're going to do a photo overload in this one.

Yesterday was my good friend Cathleen's birthday, and in her usual style she wanted to spend the day outdoors with everyone. We celebrated with an afternoon at the beach followed by drinks on the boardwalk.








I splurged on carbs with a sandwich from my favorite place, La Bella Abruzzi. Roasted eggplant, fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, broccoli rabe and pesto. Killer combo.


Nicole was back from her honeymoon, so we got to hang with the newlyweds too. :) 








Happy birthday Cath!


On my way home I stopped off at another birthday bash for one of Matt's friends. Matt and Riker were there with a slew of our friends and the BBQ was still going strong by the time I arrived, so we stayed until Riker was ready for bed - and we let him stay up waaaay late since he was having such a good time. He was a trooper last night, but we paid for it today. Tired baby this morning! That didn't stop us from celebrating Fathers Day with two of the best, though.

Our day started with presents at home and then breakfast out at Matt's favorite diner. Keeping with the addiction, I ordered crab cakes eggs benedict. I left the English muffins on the plate, but ate every last bite of the crab cakes and poached eggs.


After breakfast we met up with Matt's family for a day at Island Beach State Park, where we can bring the dogs and drive our SUV on the beach. We had originally planned a big family day at the race track (horses), but at the last minute we decided to ditch the crowds in favor of a relaxing, low key day for the dads. I love this place, it's so calm, quiet and beautiful.


I couldn't do another big sandwich today, so instead I ordered sandwich fillings (broccoli rabe, grilled zucchini, mozzarella and roasted peppers) minus the bread. Might sound like a strange beach lunch, but it was tasty.








Happy Fathers Day Matt, we love you!

1 comment:

  1. I've learn a few just right stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much effort you put to create one of these great informative website.

    My web blog juicing

    ReplyDelete