Sunday, June 30, 2013

Adam and Liz Tie the Knot

Yesterday we celebrated the wedding of one of Matt's best friends, Adam. They've been good friends since childhood and I love Adam like a brother, so we were so happy to be part of his and Liz's wedding day. Matt was a groomsmen, so left first thing in the morning to spend the day with Adam and the rest of the guys. My sister and her boyfriend Justyn came from Philly for the weekend to watch Riker for us, so I stayed home with them until it was time for the ceremony to begin.

And soon enough, it was time! Liz made an absolutely gorgeous bride.




Delia was the flower girl, and she made an adorable one. Gah I love that picture!




We had a few hours to kill in between the ceremony and reception, so while Matt went with the bridal party to do pictures, I went to the hotel with the rest of our friends to check in, have a cocktail and get dressed for the evening. There must have been at least 30 of our friends there plus Matt's family, so I knew from the start it was going to be a fun night.

At 6:00 we went outside and boarded the party bus to the reception. A party bus is pretty much guaranteed to get everyone in party mode.




The reception was at a country club overlooking a beautiful golf course. We spent most of our time indoors but had to come out on the veranda for a few pics of the grounds.


I love unique details at weddings, and thought it was really cute that the cocktail hour included a "boardwalk food" station since that's where Adam and Liz met - over an order of cheese balls. :)








I didn't eat much at cocktail hour since I was bouncing around catching up with friends I hadn't seen in a while, but I devoured every last bite of dinner when it was served. First up was crab cakes with wilted spinach. Can't beat a good crab cake.


The salad was simple but delicious with oranges, red onions, fennel and other veggies.


But the star of the show was the Chilean Sea Bass. The entree was surf & turf - a piece of filet mignon paired with a piece of sea bass - but I asked the waitress if I could skip the beef and do double surf. The fish was amazing; it was so sweet and tender and sitting on a creamy orangey sauce. Sooo good.


Love this girl. :)










We had a blast dancing and taking silly group shots in the photo booth all night. The wedding ended too soon, as all weddings tend to do, but thank goodness there was a karaoke after party back at the hotel bar where everyone gathered. This mama was up pretty late; gotta live it up a bit when you have a babysitter at home and the chance to sleep in late the next morning. ;) Needless to say I woke up this morning in some desperate need for a caffeinated pick-me-up. Matt and I went out for breakfast with our friends Dan & Jen (the other newlyweds!) and then stopped at Starbucks for his & hers Caramel Macchiatos.


I literally never order sweet coffee drinks - it's always a skinny latte or dark coffee with cream - but I was craving something with more flavor this morning so I splurged. Whipped cream and all, eee!

We got back home early afternoon and spent the rest of the day with my sister and her boyfriend, and my little boy of course, relaxing at the beach. Now it's bonfire time in the backyard. It's a good life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment