Sunday, January 13, 2013

A 9 Year Tradition

After a busy day of errands and chores yesterday, I was excited to get dressed up and go out on the town with a group of my best friends for a girls' night. Every year my best girlfriends from college plan an annual girls night around the holidays; some years we do a potluck and hang in, and other years we get dolled up and go out. Either way I always look forward to this night. It's hard to believe we've been doing it for 9 years now.


Last night we went to a bar & grill called 21 South, which was packed and featured dueling piano players. Truth be told, I was actually pretty exhausted by the time we were getting ready to go out; Riker had a fussy evening and by the time he went to bed, I would've loved to just curl up in some sweatpants and watch the game. But I pushed myself out anyway, and I'm so glad I did. Catching up with good friends, loudly singing along to the piano players and sipping on a pomegranate vodka club was all I needed to get my mojo back!


I love these girls, and it's always a great night out when we're all together.


We're actually all going to Vermont next weekend for a ski trip to Stowe Mountain, so last night was a little teaser for what's to come in a few short days. Can't wait!

Before heading out for the evening, Matt and I spent some time in the kitchen together making dinner. Thankfully the fridge is restocked so I could make something other than pasta bowls. ;-) We made a Polenta Pie based on a recipe from my beloved Moosewood Cookbook, and it was just as good as the Cauliflower Cheese Pie.


The crust was made with soft polenta, then topped with mushrooms, zucchini, onions, peppers, low fat mozzarella cheese and some fresh herbs. An entire meal in a slice!


The crispy bits of cheese were clearly the best part.

Time to get started on the day - we have friends coming over for playoffs later today and I'm starting Day One of my crock pot challenge with some veggie chili. Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment