Saturday, August 4, 2012

First Time Boardwalk Rides

I can hardly believe it, but Riker is now old enough to go on rides at the boardwalk in Seaside.


I've always loved the boardwalk, whether to hit the hot spots on nights out with friends or to play games on date nights, but last night was one of the most fun times I've had there.


Riker was in a bit of a daze the whole time, but he was a trooper and went on a bunch of different rides.


The best was watching the ocean and the sunset from the ferris wheel. 


After going on all the rides that allowed babies, we walked the boardwalk and played a few games. I'm horrible at boardwalk games, but Matt's pretty good and he won a stuffed pig for Riker on the jumping frog one.


In case you can't tell, that's Riker's excited face. ;-)

***

Today is the first Saturday I've had home in months, so after I get some things done around the house I'm spending the whole day canning. I have a few pounds of gorgeous blueberries begging to be made into jam, cucumbers that need pickling, and peppers that need to be made into hot sauce. I've been looking forward to this day forever and can't wait to hang out in my kitchen all afternoon.


Hope your weekend is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment