Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cauliflower Crust Repeated

Hello, friends! How was everyone's first day back at work? It's never easy going back after a long weekend, but it also felt kind of nice getting back into a routine. After my family left yesterday, I spent the afternoon cleaning the house, getting groceries, running a few errands and making my breakfast and lunch for today since I had to be up early to go into the city.


When dinnertime rolled around, I decided to give the cauliflower pizza recipe another try. I had bought a bunch of cauliflower and needed a way to use it up - and I realized that the last time I made the crust, I cooked it at a lower temperature than the recipe called for which is why it didn't come out right. Duh! When I cooked it at the higher temp last night, it actually came out pretty perfectly.


I could hold the crust like real pizza! Flavorings were way out there this time, and inspired by an Indian flatbread recipe I saw Bobby Flay make on Food Network last weekend. I topped the crust with homemade tomato jam and fresh mozzarella cheese, and when it came out of the oven I added a dollop of cumin Greek yogurt. Weird, right? It was SO good.


I made two pies so leftovers is on the agenda tonight. Time to eat, pack a lunch and crack open a new book before doing it all over again tomorrow. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment